Fashion week is underway in New York and so we want to make sure you are looking your absolute best while still keeping professional, chic and modern. After all, how you present yourself speaks volumes to your clients. So put down your absurdly small micro-bag and discover the 2016 trends that will keep you in the spotlight.
Keep the skin-tight clothing in your drawer. You have to present a professional appearance so embrace the trend and give yourself some extra leg room.
When it comes to colors, keep it towards more neutral tones. You can drop in a color here and there but keep the full blown neon outfits outside of work.
Too Many Accessories
“Once you’ve dressed, and before you leave the house, look in the mirror and take at least one thing off.” Minimalism is in so choose your extra accessories carefully.
Put together monochromatic outfits
Take full advantage of this trend. The best part is that you can choose “your color” and wear a combination of similarly muted shades.
Let The Weather Take Control
Slip on those open toe heels if you live in a sunny place like Arizona. Have fun with your style and change to the weather. Men can wear lighter fabrics and colors. For those in the cooler areas, put on a long, sleek camel coat or cozy turtleneck sweaters.
PERFECT 2016 OUTFITS…
Business with Style
- The Row Canton Blazer: $1,754
- Tory Burch McCoy Earrings: $78
- Etro Cropped Stretch-Cotton Pants: $287
- Equipment Mina Cotton Poplin Blouse: $111
- Fendi Peakaboo Tote: $1,550.00
- Crislu Micro Pave Hemisphere Stacking Ring: $400
- Kate Spade New York Lolli Pumps: $328
Mingling with Clients
- Chloé Cutout Silk Crepe de Chine Top: $725
- Venessa Arizaga Caught in a Haze Necklace: $550
- Alexander Wang Small Emile Bag: $945
- Erdem Floral Print Silk-Crepe Pencil Skirt: $1,140
- Burberry Prorsum Chatsworth Platform Wedges: $371
- Eddie Borgo Lock Nut Cuff: $99
So Cool, Just Gotta Wear Shades
- Theory Lanai Blazer: $375
- J.Crew Café Capri in Silk Foulard: $188
- Jennifer Fisher Bandaid Ring: $150
- IRO Faded Denim and Leather Travis Blouse: $375
- Opening Ceremony OCLA Small Satchel Bag: $550
- Marni Printed Leather and Vinyl Tote: $350
- Marc by Marc Jacobs Brown Leather Strap Watch: $195
- Tabitha Simmons Alexa Bicolor Patent Leather Flats: $795
Fresh but Serious
- Hugo Open Blue Abea Blazer: $445
- Zara Houndstooth Trousers: $79.90
- Boy. by Band of Outsiders Cotton Poplin Shirt: $245
- Vita Fede Ring Spliced Futturo Ring: $265
- Forzieri Shibuya Glass Pearl and Bronze Earrings: $169
- Tod’s D-Styling Medium Shopper Tote: $999
- KORS Michael Kors Abalena Double-Strap Pump: $265
Neutral with Interesting Details
- Maison Rabih Kayrouz Sleeveless Skirt: $1,276.40
- Burberry London Wool Peplum Skirt: $495
- Sergio Rossi Godiva Suede Pumps: $615
- Alexis Bittar Crystal Encrusted Gold Long Orbiting Earrings: $195
- Lanvin Happy Bag in Grained Calfskin: $2,545
- Anne Klein Sheath Dress: $129
- Jennifer Meyer Tiny Star Bracelet: $375
- Bottega Veneta Nappa Convertible Bag: $4,050
- Fabrizio Riva Brown Crown Cut Diamond Square Ring: $2,695
- Giuseppe Zanotti Blush Patent Leather Open-Toe Pumps: $570
Dress to impress and give your clients the impression that not only are you professional, but also fashion forward and trendy with the times.