Video marketing is still a relatively new concept for many real estate professionals. While video marketing is generally thought of as a way of highlighting an agent’s property listings, there is a drastically missed opportunity when a video only shows a home. Why not let potential buyers see the person behind the sale? Why not infuse your personality, skills, and expertise into something clients will always remember? If you are looking for a way to reach the masses and let people know who you are and how good you are at your job, it is time to get out your camera.
So what does a stellar marketing video need to include? While you should always be professional, you also want to stand out from the crowd by showing your personality… what makes you “YOU”? If you are new to making videos, start with an outline and plan what message you want to convey. Once you have your script memorized and feel comfortable with the content, it’s time to find the right location. Many agents shoot a video in their office or even out in a community area.
As you begin to plan your video content, here are a few suggestions that can help you speak to your awaiting audience:
- Create an introduction video-this give you an opportunity to highlight your personality, motto on real estate, skills and values.
- Create a ‘Market Update’ video to inform interested buyers about your local market what to look for and expect as they begin the house hunting process
- Enlist former clients to give a video testimonial of your services as this will speak volumes to your potential clients about the work you do.
- Inform clients and homeowners on important topics of the home buying or home selling process. You can create a series to speak to each group and answer frequently asked questions and give advice on the process.
- Create seasonal videos that highlight market trends, popular community events, and tips for buyers and sellers
- Create a ‘Thank You’ video to partners, community sponsors, etc. to build rapport.
- Showcase your town or city and educate potential buyers about the area.
Once you have created your video, be sure to share it on your social networks. Viewers are interested in authentic and genuine dialogue about who you are, what you know and what you do. As you create more videos, you will become more comfortable in front of the camera and can create interesting content based on your experience and expertise.